[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax

William R. Wing (Bill Wing) wrw at mac.com
Wed Jun 6 04:36:34 CEST 2012

On Jun 5, 2012, at 9:57 PM, Kevin Walzer wrote:

> On 6/5/12 8:43 PM, William R. Wing (Bill Wing) wrote:
>> /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax
>
> This osax is conflicting not with Python or Tk, but with the Apple Events framework. It's probably PPC or 32-bit only. An updater is available from Adobe. (I've run into this issue with my own apps, which crash when someone has an outdated osax installed--there's no workaround other than to ask the end user to remove or update the library.)
> --
> Kevin Walzer
> Code by Kevin
> http://www.codebykevin.com

Thanks, when your note showed up, I had just finished hiding the Adobe .osax file (I finally did find a clue on Google) and discovered that the error msg had gone away.

But, to be sure I understand…  Is the reason I hadn't run into this problem earlier simply because Tk and wx need to check in with Apple Events so they can get things like mouse clicks, whereas more basic Python scripts don't?

That's terrible syntax, but maybe you can see what I'm asking.  I've been writing Python scripts for a year or so, and this is the first I've seen of this problem.

Thanks,
Bill