[scikit-learn] random forests and multil-class probability

Brown J.B. jbbrown at kuhp.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jul 27 06:42:28 EDT 2021

2021年7月27日(火) 12:03 Guillaume Lemaître <g.lemaitre58 at gmail.com>:

> As far that I remember, `precision_recall_curve` and `roc_curve` do not
> support multi class. They are design to work only with binary
> classification.

Correct, the TPR-FPR curve (ROC) was originally intended for tuning a free
parameter, in signal detection, and is a binary-type metric.
For ML problems, it lets you tune/determine an estimator's output value
threshold (e.g., a probability or a raw discriminant value such as in SVM)
for arriving an optimized model that will be used to give a final,
binary-discretized answer in new prediction tasks.

Hope this helps, J.B.