[SciPy-Dev] scipy.stats

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Tue Jun 1 19:03:40 EDT 2010

On 1 June 2010 13:55, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:
> I think this is important and as someone that is fairly new to python
> and open source development I greatly value they input of others in
> reviewing and making suggestions to my contributions. In addition, I
> might not know how to finish all parts of a contribution and knowing
> that I can contribute pieces that are within my abilities and others
> can review and possibly finish encourage me to contribute.

This is one scenario in which a DVCS really shines: you can mature
your code, incorporating feedback as you go along, and have it
included once its ready.  Like you suggest, that actually lowers the
barrier to entry.  Asking contributors to repeatedly rework patches
quickly turns into a mess.

Regards
Stéfan