[SciPy-Dev] scipy.io.wavfile to read byte array directly?

Miles milesdowe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 14:52:11 EDT 2016

Joseph, Ralf,

Thank you both for your responses! I'm still very much new and
unfamiliar with Python and it's libraries, so I appreciate your quick
and courteous replies.

The BytesIO library was exactly what I needed. I was able to load the
WAV byte array data into scipy using that as a wrapper.

If it's of any interest, my code roughly looked like this:

```

import boto3

import scipy.io.wavfile as sciwav

from io import BytesIO

s3 =  boto3.resource('s3')

#access bucket, get WAV data (i.e., b'RIFF\x86x.\x01WAVEfmt ...')

object = s3.Object(bucket_name, key)

result = object.get()['Body'].read()

# wrap data and submit

wrapper = BytesIO(result)

wav_file = sciwav.read(wrapper)

```

I will also go back and review the documentation regarding using
file-like objects and can add those details.

Thank you again,

Miles