[SciPy-Dev] New subpackage: scipy.data

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:06:02 EDT 2018

I don't like the name scipy.data and would prefer something more
explicit like scipy.datasets.

My first reaction to the proposal was that we get now a subpackage for
functions to work with data.

Like
ndimage are functions for images
signal are functions for signals
spatial are functions for neighborhood

and
data are functions for data   (e.g. like pandas or similar)

Josef