[SciPy-user] Alternative to NumTut's view() function?

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Fri Feb 14 23:47:41 EST 2003

Fernando Perez wrote:

>Thanks! That does work quite well for plain numerical arrays, which is what I
>need most.
>
>It doesn't seem to be the tool for images such as NumTut's 'greece', this
>gives a pygist window which is empty, and the following traceback:

NumTut's greece (a souvenir from my high-school trip to greece =) was a
fairly unusual format -- it's a pickled Numeric array.  I didn't want
the tutorial to have to rely on any particular image library being
installed.

Fernando -- could you submit view.py as a patch on the numeric project?
 It should be considered as a replacement for the existing view.py.

--david