[SciPy-user] Re: SciPy-user digest, Vol 1 #295 - 11 msgs

Leighton Pritchard lep at aber.ac.uk
Mon Jan 20 05:12:33 EST 2003

At 12:00 17/01/2003, you wrote:
>On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Leighton Pritchard wrote:
>
> > My earlier problem still persists with the Win32 binary release from today
> > (Fri 17/1/03):

[...]

> > any help gratefully received...
>
>I don't have Windows machine to test this but you could
>try to locate which test fails by running scipy module tests
>one by one:
>etc.
>After you find which particular module (it looks like stats module) is
>causing the above problem, start uncommending tests cases from
>   scipy/<modulename>/tests/test_<testname>.py
>files (see test_suite function) until you find which particular test is
>causing the problem. Then we can look more closely what could be the cause
>of these errors..

Many thanks, Pearu. I have done this and the problem seems to be in
fftpack/test_basic.py. The tests that fail are:

test_fft
test_ifft
test_rfft
test_irfft

all with the 'check_' parameter. Tests for

test_fftn
test_ifftn

with 'check_' run fine (the tests with the 'bench_' parameter don't seem to
run any tests)

Commenting out the method check_djbfft() in the test_fft, test_ifft,
test_rfft and test_irfft classes allows the tests to run.

The offending line in the check_djbfft() method appears to be:

y2 = fft2(x)

Commenting this line out (and subsequent references to y2) allows the tests
to run.

I hope this helps - if you need more details about the problem, please let
me know.

--
Dr Leighton Pritchard AMRSC
T44, Cledwyn Building