[SciPy-user] Re: SciPy-user digest, Vol 1 #295 - 11 msgs

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Jan 20 05:28:58 EST 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Leighton Pritchard wrote:

> (the tests with the 'bench_' parameter don't seem to run any tests)

'bench_' prefixed test methods are run when the testing level is higher
than 5, default is 1. You can specify higher testing level as follows:

>>> scipy.test(level=10)

for instance.

> Commenting out the method check_djbfft() in the test_fft, test_ifft,
> test_rfft and test_irfft classes allows the tests to run.
>
> The offending line in the check_djbfft() method appears to be:
>
> y2 = fft2(x)

Hmm, this fft2 refers to a Numeric FFT function.
What version of Numeric are you using? Is FFT from Numeric working
properly in your case? Try for example

from FFT import fft
a=fft(range(2**4))

> Commenting this line out (and subsequent references to y2) allows the tests
> to run.
>
> I hope this helps - if you need more details about the problem, please let
> me know.

Thanks for feedback!
	Pearu