[SciPy-user] ANN: SciPy 2007 Conference

James Turner jturner at gemini.edu
Wed Apr 18 19:11:41 EDT 2007

Hi Travis(es),

 > If you'd like to present a tutorial, or are interested in a
 > particular topic for a tutorial, please email the SciPy users mailing
 > list (link below).

I'd vote for a NumPy tutorial, if you are able to do it -- I see there
was one last year.

As a fairly new astronomy user, I'd also be interested in matplotlib and
things like image processing, which you already have planned.

Regarding the tutorial on extension module development, I've come across
various separate references to things like "extending Python",
"extending numpy" and "extending ndimage" (each of those presumably
being a special case of the previous one). Then, on top of that, there
are things like Weave, SWIG and F2PY and no doubt a set of conventions
for presenting new SciPy functions in a consistent way. It would be good
to have some overview of how these different things fit together :-).
Don't know if that's what you had in mind...

Thanks!

James.