[SciPy-user] Creating my own pseudo-Enthought installer

Stef Mientki S.Mientki at ru.nl
Fri Apr 27 09:15:35 EDT 2007

Ryan Krauss wrote:
> I am making some progress at converting my students and colleagues to
> Scipy and friends from other, lesser, comercial programs.  One of the
> biggest hurdles is getting everything installed.  Enthought is great,
> but doens't get updated super often.  I understand why and appreciate
> what they do and am not complaining.  Is there a relatively easy way
> for me to make my own installer that does what Enthought Python does
> so that I can have a more updated version available for my students
> and colleagues?  Right now I tell them to install Enthought and then
> upgrade Numpy/Scipy/Matplotlib.

I asked this question a few days ago,
but didn't get the right answer.

Yesterday I did a very simple test, (I don't know anything about the
file structure of SciPy)
basically,
- just install everything on own PC
- copy some extra Python24.DLL
- put everything in a inno setup install (10 lines of code)
What I see now, looks to work perfectly, and it's even portable on a USB
stick !

I'll try to put everything this weekend on my website and let know the URL.

cheers,
Stef Mientki