[SciPy-User] Simulations

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Sun Oct 4 16:19:29 EDT 2009

Hello,

This is not directly related to SciPy; I'm posting it here because I figure
that there may be people here who know the scientific computing world enough
to help me with my question.

I've been working on an open-source scientific computing project for about 6
months now, and I've come to the conclusion that it's about time to find
other users except myself for it, so I may get valuable feedback about which
direction I should be taking this project.

The project is called GarlicSim (http://garlicsim.com). It's a Pythonic
platform for working with simulations. You may read more about it on the
webpage. In short, it's a very general framework for creating, running and
analyzing simulations. It's not specific to any scientific field; Its role
is to provide a general mold into which all simulations can be cast. If you
want to know more about it you can also read a (yet-incomplete)
introduction<http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1927707/Introduction%20to%20GarlicSim.doc>
it.

So what I want to know is, who would be good potential first users for this,
and how could I reach them?
I'm not even sure which scientific field I would like to target, so please
suggest.

Thanks,
Ram Rachum