[SciPy-User] idiom for iterators, expr(T) if isscalar(T) else array([expr(t) for t in T])

denis denis-bz-gg at t-online.de
Mon Oct 19 07:40:48 EDT 2009

On Oct 19, 7:11 am, David Warde-Farley <d... at cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
> On 18-Oct-09, at 3:31 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
>
> > The problem with using StackOverflow itself for our
> > purposes is that it there is no single tag that can be used to
> > consolidate the relevant questions. I think we would benefit from a
> > more tightly focused community.

? Why not just tell people
"use http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/scipy;
that will help the community to improve and collect answers."
Further tags from:
  area: optimize linalg interpol fft ... ~ the list in Wikipedia Scipy
  question level: newbie ...
  review level: ...
would be nice, but I don't see much tag-the-world in scipy.org either
--
indexing, tagging, raising the quality of any big web site is really
tough.

In short, I (outsider) see a hard choice:
- try to guide stackoverflow a bit
- or ignore it, come up with something better ... a year later.

cheers
  -- denis

... one of these things where a lot of people feel like,
    "If only the rest of the world was educated enough to understand
    what this is about, they'd be better off."
And I actually kind of agree with that.
The problem is that most of the world could actually care less.
    -- James Gosling