[SciPy-User] idiom for iterators, expr(T) if isscalar(T) else array([expr(t) for t in T])

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:26:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 06:40, denis <denis-bz-gg at t-online.de> wrote:

> On Oct 19, 7:11 am, David Warde-Farley <d... at cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
>> On 18-Oct-09, at 3:31 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
>>
>> > The problem with using StackOverflow itself for our
>> > purposes is that it there is no single tag that can be used to
>> > consolidate the relevant questions. I think we would benefit from a
>> > more tightly focused community.
>
> ? Why not just tell people
> "use http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/scipy;
> that will help the community to improve and collect answers."

Because "scipy" is an inappropriate tag for matplotlib questions. Or
numpy questions. Or IPython questions. Or SAGE questions.

> Further tags from:
>  area: optimize linalg interpol fft ... ~ the list in Wikipedia Scipy
>  question level: newbie ...
>  review level: ...
> would be nice, but I don't see much tag-the-world in scipy.org either
> --
> indexing, tagging, raising the quality of any big web site is really
> tough.
>
> In short, I (outsider) see a hard choice:
> - try to guide stackoverflow a bit
> - or ignore it, come up with something better ... a year later.

The clones are really quite nice. We don't have to "come up" with
anything. We just need to find time to deploy the software.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco