[SciPy-User] lsoda vs. Coulomb friction

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 10:57:08 EST 2010

FYI, I am moving to a slightly more sophisticated approach, similar to
Anne's third recommendation or the top of page 99 in the book Chuck
referenced.  The system is a DC motor with internal friction.
Originally, I was doing open-loop testing with a pulse input.  Now I
am putting the system under proportional control and it needs to be
possible to change directions.

So, I am going to write a case that tests for the possibility of
either sticking or changing directions.  Since the experimental
closed-loop system calculates an input that remains constant for each
fixed-width time step, I think I can handle this cleanly in a for
loop, looping over the time vector.