[Soap-Python] Django "integration"

Aymeric Augustin aymeric.augustin at polyconseil.fr
Thu Jul 21 17:46:27 CEST 2011

Hi Chris,

You may want to take a look at http://packages.python.org/twod.wsgi/ which is designed to embed WSGI apps in Django.

In our current project, we're achieving the same result using this code: http://dpaste.com/hold/573374/

We finish the modules that define our webservices with:
app = Application([...], 'tns', name="...")
(where Application is the class defined in my snippet).

In development we use this URLconf:
urlpatterns = patterns('',
    url(r'^my_ws/', my_ws.as_django_view()),
)

In production, we use directly my_ws.as_wsgi() as a WSGI application. This takes care of closing the connections to the database, which doesn't happen if you skip Django's request handlers.

Best regards,

Aymeric AUGUSTIN
Polyconseil | 11bis, rue Scribe | 75009 Paris
mob : (+33) 6 22 43 79 99
tel : (+33) 1 58 18 67 40 | fax : (+33) 1 47 42 38 32