[Soap-Python] How keep Python 3 moving forward - suds & Python 3

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Fri May 30 10:17:18 CEST 2014

On 30/05/14 09:55, Dariusz Suchojad wrote:
> On 05/30/2014 08:43 AM, Burak Arslan wrote:
>
> [About suds]
>
>> Also, it can't do async because unlike Spyne, transports are not
>> pluggable.
> Just for the record - I use suds-jurko asynchronously in Zato, which is
> based on gunicorn/gevent, just fine.

Well, you're correct. Gevent does give you a sync interface on top of an
async foundation. But when I said async, I was thinking of twisted-like
event driven programming. I should have said "suds can't be used in an
event-driven way".

After having heard what Guido said about greenlet (look up his pycon
2013 keynote), I must have totally erased it from my memory :) And I
agree with him you know, I won't rely on the insanity of monkeypatching
the whole stdlib in order to do task switching in userspace:
https://github.com/python-greenlet/greenlet/tree/master/platform

Which also doesn't invalidate the pluggable transports point. Correct me
if I'm wrong but last time I looked, you couldn't do Soap over ZeroMQ,
msgpack or twisted with suds.

I need to admit though: Spyne's client bits are not as complete as I'd
like. But I hope to eventually offer client support in Spyne that is on
par with server support. And it just would be so nice if somebody helped
me with that!

Best regards,
Burak