[Soap-Python] How keep Python 3 moving forward - suds & Python 3

Dariusz Suchojad dsuch at zato.io
Fri May 30 10:37:59 CEST 2014

On 05/30/2014 10:17 AM, Burak Arslan wrote:

> Well, you're correct. Gevent does give you a sync interface on top of an
> async foundation. But when I said async, I was thinking of twisted-like
> event driven programming. I should have said "suds can't be used in an
> event-driven way".
>
> After having heard what Guido said about greenlet (look up his pycon
> 2013 keynote), I must have totally erased it from my memory :) And I
> agree with him you know, I won't rely on the insanity of monkeypatching
> the whole stdlib in order to do task switching in userspace:
> https://github.com/python-greenlet/greenlet/tree/master/platform
>
> Which also doesn't invalidate the pluggable transports point. Correct me
> if I'm wrong but last time I looked, you couldn't do Soap over ZeroMQ,
> msgpack or twisted with suds.

Sure, naturally - I've just mentioned it in case one day someone
attempts to find information on whether suds-jurko is
greenlet/gevent-safe, which is a nice way to make an application
asynchronous.

With a caveat on its thread/greenlet-safety - and this can be worked
around by a dedicate pool of connections - this can be done.

cheers,

--
Dariusz Suchojad

https://zato.io
ESB, SOA, REST, APIs and cloud integrations in Python