[spambayes-dev] ComputerWorld SpamBayes articles

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Aug 11 00:20:40 EDT 2003

[Mark Hammond]
> I'd be happy to move this to sourceforge, but keep giving up when I
> have to define whatever it is that sourceforge asks me to define to
> release a file.  If someone set up everything and mailed me the 2
> steps I would need to go through to do it via sourceforge, I
> promise I would do them <wink>

I'm afraid it can't be reduced to two steps.  Alas, it's one of those things
that's easy to do after you've done it, but takes forever to explain due to
the sheer number of buttons you have to click all over different screens;
the workflow for an SF file release is plain convoluted, but not truly
difficult.

If you'd like to release files from SF, I'd be happy to help -- I used to do
PLabs Python releases all the time on SF, and don't have to think about it.
Your part would be to upload the installer, via anonymous ftp, to the
incoming directory at upload.sf.net, then tell me the name of the uploaded
file.  It takes about 10 steps after that to release the file, but they only
take about 2 minutes total (provided you don't have to think for 5 minutes
each 10 times before each step <wink>).