[spambayes-dev] Newbie is well pythoned! Help!

Mark Winder mark.winder4 at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 11 11:30:11 EDT 2003

Hi,

    I tried to use  Spambayes  but have fallen at the first post. From what I've read I could easily use it if you gave me only a tincy wincy bit more info. It may not in fact be your fault that I've failed.

    I'd like to use with Outlook Express under Win98 SE, so I've installed the Python 2.3 using the windows installer. I accepted all the defaults, and I also looked at the advanced settings that said make file associations with .py etc etc, it was checked.

    I then downloaded and unpacked the Spambayes source code to C:\temp so that it was in the directory c:\temp\spambyes-1.0-a4

    Next, according to your instructions you say
Once you've downloaded and unpacked the source archive, do the regular setup.py build; setup.py install dance,
    Well typing setup.py at the dos prompt produced "bad command or filename"

    Clicking on it seemed to do something, but its not clear what.

    After this I'm stuck. As you will have gathered, I don't know python. I alost ried entering the python GUI, but this didn't help.

    Can you give me a clue ?

            regards,

                Mark Winder. .

---