[spambayes-dev] 1.0a5 release

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Aug 25 19:36:24 EDT 2003

> I've been wondering this myself (mostly because I'm fed up
> with replying to people complaining about that unicode header bug!)

Indeed.  I imagine that there will be a new Outlook plug-in release
soon, too, and it's nice when they come out at similar times.  (Although
Mark's up to 8, and we're up to 5 ;).

> However, there's an issue with the web interface (messages
> not appearing on the Review page) that I'd like to look at
> before the next release. Hopefully I'll have time to look at
> that in the next couple of days

I agree that this really must be fixed; I've been meaning to look at it
too (it was probably me or TimS that broke it) but haven't had a chance
yet either.

> (I'm happy to build the
> release myself, unless anyone else particularly wants to do it.)

+1 to you doing it :)

> Is there anyone else with a pending edit that they'd like to
> see in 1.0a5?

I checked in the new readmes and modified smtpproxy today, which I
wanted in.

I'd actually like to see 1.0b1, though.  In terms of the API, we must be
pretty stable now, right?  Except that if we are going to do the
renaming thing (as proposed by Greg), we should probably do that (really
the sooner the better if we are going to, even if we are still at
1.0a5).

I think we should also catch the 'no dbm available' traceback (I can't
remember the wording) and replace it with a nice error for (at least)
pop3proxy users, so that those using dumbdbm don't flood us with "1.0a5
doesn't work" messages.

> (There's Romain's HTTP Auth patch, 791393, which should be my
> job to apply but I don't know when I'll get the chance.)

If you don't, I can probably do this.

=Tony Meyer