[spambayes-dev] Website problems

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Aug 25 15:32:42 EDT 2003

I tried pushing a change to the faq just now, but errors from rsync:

    % make install
    cd download ; make install
    Push to shell1.sourceforge.net:/home/groups/s/sp/spambayes/htdocs//download ...
    rsync --rsh=ssh -v -r -l -t --update  --exclude-from=../scripts/rsync-excludes  ./ shell1.sourceforge.net:/home/groups/s/sp/spambayes/htdocs//download
    building file list ... done
    rsync: recv_generator: mkdir "/home/groups/s/sp/spambayes/htdocs//download": No such file or directory (2)
    stat /home/groups/s/sp/spambayes/htdocs//download : No such file or directory
    rsync: recv_generator: mkdir "/home/groups/s/sp/spambayes/htdocs//download": No such file or directory (2)
    stat /home/groups/s/sp/spambayes/htdocs//download : No such file or directory
    wrote 32 bytes  read 20 bytes  11.56 bytes/sec
    total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
    rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(620)
    make[1]: *** [install] Error 23
    make: *** [local_install] Error 2

I logged into shell1.sourceforge.net and see that /home/groups/s is empty.
The login message says:

    On 2003-08-23, one project file server (of seven) sufferred a multi-disk
    failure; data from this file server has been restored from tape.  At
    this time, the filesystem for impacted projects is marked read-only
    pending completion of our analysis and resolution of this issue.  A
    small number of users will not be able to login until this resolution
    occurs.  Watch the "Site Status" page on the SourceForge.net site for
    updates.  Projects served from this file server start with the letters
    j, q, s, and y.

I guess this means that for the time being we can't make changes to the
website.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Skip