[spambayes-dev] Testing the binary installer (Was More CVS branch/tags questions)

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 3 22:42:07 EST 2003

[me, just now]
> Building the installer seems ok, but I get these errors:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "pop3proxy_tray.py", line 407, in _ProxyThread
>   File "sb_server.pyc", line 869, in start
>   File "sb_server.pyc", line 847, in main
>   File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyc", line 156, in __init__
>   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 254, in __init__
>   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 122, in __init__
>   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 240, in readUIResources
>   File "spambayes\resources\__init__.pyc", line 30, in ?
>   File "resourcepackage\package.pyc", line 100, in scan
> WindowsError: [Errno 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
> 'C:\\Program
Files\\SpamBayes\\lib\\spambayes.zip\\spambayes\\resources/*.*'

I figured this one out (and probably why Kenny and Mark don't see it).  This
happens if you have the resourcepackage __init__.py in the
spambayes/resources directory (which is necessary to get the files in there
to automatically update).  Resource package isn't able to find the files
inside the zip (and even if it could, would have to alter the zip to change
the files).

The easy solution is to just have the cvs __init__.py; the correct solution
is probably to add something in that stops the check if we're frozen.  Does
that sound right to you, Richie?

=Tony Meyer