[spambayes-dev] Fwd: [Spambayes] SpamBayes Corrupted My Profile

My Tech jtech at hyperionmail.com
Wed Dec 17 00:57:42 EST 2003

Hi Guys -

Just to provide some more detail (but unfortunately I don't think it will
help solve the mystery of what happened)...

First, I ran Outlook's detect and repair.  No change.  Second, I uninstalled
and reinstalled my Office XP application (which includes Outlook).  No
change.  Third, I created a new profile in Outlook to see if that would make
a difference.  Nope.  Still no change.  Fourth, I created a new Windows
profile/user with administrative rights.  Doing this, Outlook opened without
a problem.  Didn't re-install SpamBayes for fear of making a bad problem
worse.

I can't roll back the registry because I'm running Windows 2000, not XP
(unless you know something about 2000 functionality that I don't.)  Also, I
was logged in as Administrator when I installed SpamBayes (and subsequently
encountered the Outlook problem), so I couldn't dump this profile.

Everything else seems to work fine, except for Outlook, so my first guess
was that it was an Outlook problem.  However, considering that I tried
Outllok detect & repair and then uninstalled/reinstalled Office XP with no
resulting change, I'm left to conclude that it's a Windows profile problem.

I'm really at a loss to know what to do, outside of reinstalling the OS and
all of my software (a long and tedious process that I'm not looking forward
to).

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.