[spambayes-dev] test_storage.py failing

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Dec 24 10:07:05 EST 2003

I ran the spambayes/test/test_storage.py this morning for the first time (on
a fresh CVS checkout) and got several instances of the same error.  Here's
one example:

    ERROR: testHapax (__main__.DBStorageTestCase)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "test_storage.py", line 137, in setUp
        return _StorageTestBase.setUp(self)
      File "test_storage.py", line 20, in setUp
        self.classifier = self.__class__.StorageClass(self.db_name)
    TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

I inserted

    print self.__class__.StorageClass

right above the class call and in the error case it's always instantiating
DBDictClassifier which does take a db_name argument, so I'm a bit confused
about why this is generating an error.  My brain is not in a high enough
gear to see why.  I think I'll just go do a little last minute Christmas
shopping and let someone else figure it out.

Skip