[spambayes-dev] Two SB on One Computer

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Sat Dec 27 05:07:33 EST 2003

Hi Stephen,

> I'm using the sb_server (pop3proxy) on an XP computer as a service.  I'd
> like to install it as two separate services and use two separate databases
> and separate web management ports so two different users can each have
> their own customized spam filter.

You can't (I don't think) do this with the service, but you can certainly
do it when running sb_server from the command line, or via the Startup
group.  Just run each one in its own working directory with its own
bayescustomize.ini:

 o Create a directory for each instance of sb_server.

 o In each, create a bayescustomize.ini with minimal settings.  This:

   [html_ui]
   port=1234

   is probably enough.  Set up the rest through http://localhost:1234

 o Run sb_server from the command line in each directory.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com