[spambayes-dev] Full re-initialization

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Mon Dec 29 23:29:17 EST 2003

In message:  <PAEIKFCFJBPAOLNKOEEMEEHMCIAA.ltnieh at earthlink.net>
             "Luther Nieh" <ltnieh at earthlink.net> writes:

>Hello SpamBayes Tech support,

Well, we're not really tech support here... it's just the people
who wrote the code and us hangers-on who heckle from the sides.

>One day, as I was cleaning up the M/S Outlook folders, I accidentally
>deleted the spam email folder.  Now, SpamBayes does not seem to work
>anymore.  It said it couldn't send spam emails to that folder, even
>though I had manually re-created the spam email folder.

In this case, Outlook is "helpful" and remembers that you "moved" the
spam mail folder to the trash.  What you should do is go back to the
configuration panel where you set the spam mail folder, and point it
back to your re-created spam mail folder.  Once that's done, all should
be happy again.

- Alex (who doesn't use Outlook and thus can't get super-specific)