[spambayes-dev] [ spambayes-Support Requests-765306 ] setup.py won't run (Windows)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 3 21:35:48 EDT 2003

Support Requests item #765306, was opened at 2003-07-04 01:18
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by anadelonbrin
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498104&aid=765306&group_id=61702

Category: Install Problem (example)
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I am having some trouble just setting up spambayes.

I was able to get it working before but not it seems I am
having trouble. Today I tried to set it up on someone
elses machine presumably the same way I had got it
working before. I created a shortcut to setup.py and
told it to run with the -b option.

I got:

c:\python\lib\disutils\dist.py:215 UserWarning: Unknown
distribution option: 'classifiers'
warnings.warn(msg)

usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2
[cmd2_opts] ...]
or:  setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
or: setup.py --help-commands
or: setup.pu cmd --help

error no commands supplied

-

I was expecting it to start IE and load the beautiful web
configuration page as it did the first time.

When running the pop and smtp python files (which still
work) I can connect to the web interface by typing in
http://localhost:8880

I actually thought that I couldn't an tried it again just as
I was typing it and it worked. So it may be okay if I can
just config it from there.

I tried this an got the same thing with  Python-2.2.3 and
2.3b2

as well as Spambayes:
1.0a3 and 1.0a2

The test machine I'm using is Windows 98 / Outlook
Express 6

I am also open to suggestions that my approach is
wrong.

regards,

Chris Caston