[spambayes-dev] [ spambayes-Bugs-749277 ] Should prevent "Deleted Items" being target folder

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 16 21:22:32 EDT 2003

Bugs item #749277, was opened at 2003-06-05 11:49
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mhammond
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=749277&group_id=61702

Category: Outlook
Group: None

Initial Comment:
As a user pointed out:

I set up the filter to automatically move spam to
“deleted items”. Then I thought about it, and when I
re-read the documentation, it seems SpamBayes will
automatically assume anything in my deleted items is
spam and add it to the database. If this is the case,
then is it fair to say that after I’ve read non-spam
(ham) email, and delete it as normal, Spambayes would
flag the ham as spam?

He is correct, and this would be evil.  We either must
display a severe warning, or simply prevent it.