[spambayes-dev] less is more?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Nov 4 17:59:51 EST 2003

I've been meaning to try restarting my training database from scratch for
quite awhile.  I finally broke down and did that this afternoon.  I'm quite
satisfied with the performance of the system with its current 24 spams and
11 hams.  As a bonus, the database is a lot smaller (currently 340k vs 20MB
for the old db) and things seem to run somewhat faster since it's a lot
easier to keep the entire db file in memory.

Overnight I'm sure I'll get a fair number of errors and I get a load of
email the current db hasn't seen, but so far, so good.

Skip