[spambayes-dev] More CVS branch/tags questions

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Nov 5 09:28:59 EST 2003

>>> Skip Montanaro wrote
> My take on this is that at this point in time we should not be working on
> any branches.  Everything should happen on the trunk until a release is
> about the be cut, at which point a branch is made, then frozen except for
> crucial bug fixes.

This is how the Python release process works. At the moment we seem to be
following something more like the Mozilla process, where we cut a branch for
the upcoming release once we're past the point of adding new features.

Having said that, I'd say the time to branch is at the point where we're about
to cut the first beta. So we've possibly done it too soon here.

OTOH, I don't know what is stopping us from cutting 1.0b1 in a couple of
weeks, with a possible RC a couple of weeks after that.

Anthony