[spambayes-dev] More CVS branch/tags questions

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 28 01:00:35 EST 2003

[Mark]
> Should we abandon the branch, merging everything
> back to the trunk?  I don't see the branch is offering
> us any value, firstly as it is now very old, and secondly
> as the trunk doesn't seem to have had any changes that
> truly should be post 1.0 - unless we don't count a
> Windows binary in 1.0.

The sb_server interface has had quite a few changes on the trunk that
haven't been put into the branch.  I certainly hope that they didn't
introduce new bugs (since I wrote most of it), but they may have done.  I
think it would certainly mean that we should do another release before we
consider that things are stable.  OTOH, the changes were all sugar, and they
could be ripped out and added back in another day.

Anyone have any idea how many people are using sb_server from cvs?  Enough
that the changes (they're fairly old now, even though they've never made a
release) seem fairly stable?

-0 from me, anyway.

> I will start moving on the binary again as
> soon as someone can help me resolve this.

I can't help resolve it, really, but now I'm back and have caught up with
things, I'm happy to help out however I can with the 'full' binary.  Are you
still thinking of doing one final Outlook only one?  Give me a list of
things to do <wink>.  (Or maybe you already did; I'll have to look through
the stuff I have on my to-do list).

> In the meantime
> it looks like resolving 355 bugs as duplicates <wink/frown>

I tried to get some of those out of the way; there sure are a lot of Outlook
ones there at the moment.  If the new release solves the 0x000000 install
problem, that'd get rid of a lot...

=Tony Meyer