[spambayes-dev] Regarding Whitelisting

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 2 14:43:02 EDT 2003

    >> Not true.  Thanks to spoofing, you'd end up with lots of
    >> false-negatives.  Or if you personally don't, many other spambayes
    >> users would.

    Aleem> This is the part that I don't understand. How often do you
    Aleem> receive spam forged from people in your address book?  I have
    Aleem> never recieved any spam from a personal address I recognize.

Then you have a very small circle of friends. ;-) I'm received spam
purporting to be from Guido.  During this rash of SoBig and Blaster crap I
received lots of forged mail purporting to have been sent by Barry Warsaw.
I have met both Guido and Barry in person and can report with some
confidence that neither of them looks like a spammer. ;-)

Skip