[spambayes-dev] Regarding Whitelisting

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Tue Sep 2 16:04:25 EDT 2003

[Skip]
> Then you have a very small circle of friends. ;-) I'm received spam
> purporting to be from Guido.  During this rash of SoBig and Blaster
> crap I received lots of forged mail purporting to have been sent by
> Barry Warsaw. I have met both Guido and Barry in person and can
> report with some confidence that neither of them looks like a
> spammer. ;-)

Same here.  And, in fact, the last employment offer I got in email came from
Guido -- that doesn't mean I want to see 500 penis enalargement ads per week
too just because they purport to come from Guido.  Or maybe they really do
<wink>.  In any case, spambayes is doing a perfect job so far of
distinguishing real email from Guido and Barry (etc -- they're not the only
ones) and spam claiming to come from them.  If someone adds a whitelist
option to spambayes, my only demand is that there be a big red button that
promises to disable it.