[spambayes-dev] Names & 1.0a6 release

Remi Ricard papaDoc at videotron.ca
Tue Sep 9 22:24:20 EDT 2003

Hi,

> I don't feel strongly either way, but if it came to a vote I'd vote for
> using the sb_ prefix and adding the scripts to a standard location on the
> PATH.  I find it a pain in the bum to have to specify /usr/local/apache
> (or whatever it's called - I have to find it every time) to do stuff with
> Apache (for example).  I know I could add it to my PATH, but having a big
> unwieldy PATH is a pain in the bum as well.

What can be done under unix (Linux) is to have everything in
/usr/local/spambayes and then soft link in /usr/local/bin for all the
executables.

Whith this your PATH stay under 2048 caracteres <wink> and it is easy to
remove all components of spambayes from /usr/local/bin (see below).

cd /usr/local/spambayes;
foreach i (*)
rm -f /usr/bin/$i
end;