[spambayes-dev] Prevent multiple servers on Windows

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Sep 18 17:58:34 EDT 2003

> None of this is too hard, but is very risky given the 0.6
> release.  I see 2 options:
>
> 1) Forget these new changes for now, and release 0.6 as it
> stands.  This can still include a windows binary - if it is
> good enough for source-code users, it is good enough for
> binary users (except for the sister factor)
>
> 2) I check in some fairly intrusive changes that *should* all
> work <wink>. We delay 0.6 until things are again shaken out.

I agree with Richie and vote for #1.  0.6 has been delayed several times
already, and the theory was that it would be identical to 0.5 apart from
the name change & option removal, which is already untrue.

I doubt (sorry if I'm wrong) that anyone apart from me, you and Richie
will have an opinion on this, so I'm going to go ahead and get 1.0a6
ready.  It can always be pulled if I'm wrong ;)

=Tony Meyer