[spambayes-dev] Is max token length really 12

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 22 15:54:14 EDT 2003

    Steve> But when I look at the "Show spam clues for the current message"
    Steve> I did not see a token of length 12 "VIRMMK100NTS." (The trailing
    Steve> period that is there because this is at the end of a sentence.)

Clues which score (by default) between 0.4 and 0.6 aren't displayed.  I
don't know if the Outlook plugin uses it, but you might try setting your
minimum_prob_strength to 0.0 if you really want to see all clues.  Wherever
your ini file is, you should be able to add

[Classifier]
minimum_prob_strength: 0.0

A related option is max_discriminators.  If your mail message has many (by
default, more than 150) clues, only the most significant 150 will be
considered when scoring messages.

Skip