[spambayes-dev] 1.0 Build Testing (please!)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Sep 22 08:07:39 CEST 2004

[Richie]
> This is because SHGetFolderPath isn't available on Win98 pre-IE5.  I
> don't know whether we care about that - there are probably no such
> machines in the real world.

I don't care :)  Given that this isn't new, I'm guessing that it's not much
of an issue.

I'm not familiar with VMWare.  Is it the stuff at www.vmware.com?

> It's not cheap (even when you're paying in UK pounds 8-)
> but it pays for itself in saved time by preventing this
> kind of thing from happening.

I probably can't justify it, sadly, since SpamBayes is really my only use
case.  It's pretty rare that I create anything else that needs to be used
outside of my own systems.

I gather you would do the actual build in VMWare, and not just testing?
(This is rather off-topic, but I'm curious).

=Tony Meyer