[spambayes-dev] 1.0 Build Testing (please!)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 30 04:08:53 CEST 2004

> That makes sense. I didn't realize that having the
> classification appear as a separate address was the original intent.

I'm not sure what the original intent was, but I think this works ok.

> Another possibility would be to provide configuration options
> for both a prefix and a suffix for the subject modification.
> This is what POPFile does. You could define the prefix as "["
> and the suffix as "] " (that's "]<sp>" in case it wraps
> badly) and your modified subject would then look like
> "[classification] original subject".

I'm loath to add even more options, particularly for little things like
this.  What I would like is to get around to finishing up the autoconfigure
script, with a nice little wizard (like the Outlook one), so that OE users
can use that rather than have to change lots of settings all over the place.

The wizard could then default to setting the classification names to
"[spam]<sp>" etc, and let the user change them if desired.  That could all
be done with the same 3 options we have now.

(I do like the idea of moving the space, or comma, into the classification
name, so that we actually just add the classification and no separator for
the notate_subject option.  For notate_to, the classification name and
whatever the RFC correct address separator is would be nice, IMO).

=Tony Meyer