[Spambayes] "Lindsey Carter": Re: [Zope-Annce] New zope.org development

Tim@mail.powweb.com Tim@mail.powweb.com
Mon Nov 4 20:19:53 2002

If we were to run a similar bayesian analysis of the pages that spam
links point to, and used that information as another set of clues for
classification, would that have made a difference in this instance,
and in general?  By that I mean, once a mail has been classified as
spam, we could look at the pages that the page points to and make a
similar wordlist type classification.  This classification could be
used in Unsure instances by looking at the pages the mail points to
and then applying the webpage wordlist bayes classification to it.  If
it's a probable spam-pointed-to-page, then the mail is probably
spam...  at least that could weigh (heavily) into the statistics for
the words in the mail itself....

- TimS