[Spambayes] Upgrade problem

François Granger francois.granger@free.fr
Thu Nov 7 11:00:47 2002

on 7/11/02 10:05, Just van Rossum at just@letterror.com wrote:

> François Granger wrote:
>
>> Did you installed it on MacOS9 or MacOSX ?
>
> OSX, with unix Python 2.3a. In a way it's too bad spambayes doesn't work =
with
> 2.2, so you can't use the Python shipped with 10.2. (In theory it might w=
ork
> under OS9, but I've never had much luck with sockets in MacPython 2.x, bu=
t you
> could try. It uses asyncore and not threading, so that's hopeful for 9.)

I got up to have it running with MacOS9.1 and Python 2.2.1. The Web server
works and the proxy answers to a telnet on 127.0.0.1:110. I think I don't
get the idea of the setting for the proxy. I give to spambayes my pop3
server name, I then change my account in my mail reader to have it to
connect to 127.0.0.1 as a pop3 server. And nothing happens.

> after each message you have to wait (up to 10
> seconds on my machine with my database) before you can continue. Maybe an
> explicit "Save database" button is an idea?

With the -d parameter, you can use a anydbm instead of Pickle. With some
hack it can probably use gdbm as the anydbm db.

--
Le courrier est un moyen de communication. Les gens devraient
se poser des questions sur les implications politiques des choix (ou non