[Spambayes] branches merged, flame away ;)

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Mon Nov 25 03:48:32 2002

> No, seriously, I think everything will continue to work the way it was
> before, except that you'll have to rebuild all your database.  I may
> have missed something though.  Please let me know if something starts
> breaking after your next cvs update.
>
> Also, it might not be a bad idea to back up your database before you
> update, too.  Just in case I did something terribly, terribly wrong.
> There's a reason I don't write the control code for guided missiles ;)

This has broken the Outlook client in a number of ways.  Some are obvious,
but this one is not:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\manager.py", line 274, in score
    result = self.bayes.spamprob(bayes_tokenize(email), evidence)
  File "F:\src\spambayes\classifier.py", line 271, in chi2_spamprob
    clues = self._getclues(wordstream)
  File "F:\src\spambayes\classifier.py", line 525, in _getclues
    prob = self.probability(record)
  File "F:\src\spambayes\classifier.py", line 356, in probability
    return self.probcache[spamcount][hamcount]
exceptions.AttributeError: Classifier instance has no attribute 'probcache'

Any clues?

Mark.