[Spambayes] Spam Bayes as a Windows Service

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Aug 12 13:00:24 EDT 2003

> Hi,
>
> I've just got Spam Bayes up and running, and it seems to be
> pretty good! I would now like to get it running as a Windows
> Service. There is a file called pop3proxy_service.py, but
> when I run this, it says:
>
> D:\SpamBayes\windows>pop3proxy_service.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "D:\SpamBayes\windows\pop3proxy_service.
>     import win32serviceutil, win32service
> ImportError: No module named win32serviceutil
>
> How do I get it running as a service?

You could use one of the options in the other mails.  However, as you
already have Python install, all you need to is install win32all -
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond - and you get all the service
framework.

One day we hope for our installer to include binaries for pop3proxy, both as
a normal exe, and a service.

Mark.