[Spambayes] Watch out for digests...

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 10 18:40:33 EST 2003

> I had what looked like an obvious ham message score unsure
> this morning. Without thinking too much about it, I trained
> on it as ham.  Big mistake. Stuff started getting wacky real
> fast.  The message was a reply to a digest from a mailing
> list where the guy did this:
[...]
> Guess what?  One of the messages in the digest was an obvious
> spam.

This is perhaps a drawback of the minimalist database size training
strategy.  I'm guessing that if you had a larger database, the effect
wouldn't have been as pronounced?  OTOH, maybe it's a good thing that it
was, so that you noticed and was able to correct it, rather than leave the
system with invalid data.