[Spambayes] Other pop3proxy options

Wed Feb 19 14:36:22 EST 2003

2/19/2003 12:46:07 PM, "Zander" <zander at zan.com> wrote:

>I would like to extend the options for how disposition is identified by the
pop3proxy implementation.  In particular, I would like the option of

>A. X-Spambayes-Classification: <disposition>  as now
>B. To: XXXXX <disposition> as is in CVS now
>C. Subject line munging to append <disposition>
>
>Is there any reason that was not included? (beside the obvious potential for
a spammer to slip in a workaround)  I use Outlook Express, and obviously can't
use the arbitrary header technique - and am most interested in adding a
[***SPAM***] header so that I can correctly bucketize those messages - but
leave [***UNSURE***] in my primary box, and not molest ham messages at all.

>Is there any reason not to do this?  Would you accept it if I did?  Is there
any reason why you aren't using the email module Parser API to crack the
headers?

Subject munging will be simple to add, and I can do it.  Stay tuned.

  I have found a certain number of messages are not parsed correctly by the re
that you are using.  They show up as From: (none) Subj: (none) in the UI

We've recently seen some problems with malformed mails.  We're examining this
issue (see the email package use thread)

 - but I haven't determined why just yet (though I can see that some part of
the message is getting stuck with the header by your re.split(r'\n\r?\n',
messageText, 1) expression.