[Spambayes] spambayes fronting a mailing list?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jan 16 18:57:02 EST 2003

    TP> Better to start by training on a few spam, and a few copies of
    TP> the list introduction msg (a decent intro msg necessarily
    TP> contains many words and lexicalisms characteristic of the
    TP> list's topic).

See my previous message about initial training.  We may want to have
some canned spam to train on when we enable spambayes.  Using the list
intro message is a neat idea for when you have no posts available for
the list.

If, OTOH, people take Skips advice and only turn it on when its
necessary, then maybe we can use messages we already have to train
it.  One source of known good messages are those the admin has
explicitly approved.  Maybe if we have 20 canned spam, we can save up
to the last 20 approved messages.  Then when the list admin enables
spambayes, we train on those.

-Barry