[Spambayes] Re: Spambayes Digest, Vol 59, Issue 9

erik at sky.cz erik at sky.cz
Fri Jul 4 15:58:48 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Mark replied to my recent message on installation problems in private, and I
replied back in private... since there's been activity from Mark on the list
but no reply to that e-mail, I'll take the liberty of continuing this one on
the list.

The basics again:
- I first discovered the problem in the 002 binary, but it does repro in the
003.
- both repro machines run Outlook 2K CZ
- one runs W98SE CZ and the other W2K CZ
- Reproduced in W2K under both CZ-CZ locale and EN-US regional settings
- Addin joins the list in Outlook after installation, but cannot be
successfully activated - each return to the COM add-ins dialog finds it
unchecked.
- The original report was for W2K CZ / binary 2; see the list a few days back
for details.
- Here is the behavior for W98SE/CZ regional settings/binary 3:
Error connecting to Outlook!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "out1.pyz/addin", line 800, in OnConnection
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 682, in GetManager
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 226, in __init__
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 487, in LoadConfig
  File "out1.pyz/ntpath", line 101, in join
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xed in position 9: ordinal
not in range(128)
ERROR: 'There was an error initializing the SpamBayes addin\r\n\r\nPlease re-
start Outlook and try again.'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "out1.pyz/addin", line 800, in OnConnection
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 682, in GetManager
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 226, in __init__
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 487, in LoadConfig
  File "out1.pyz/ntpath", line 101, in join
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xed in position 9: ordinal
not in range(128)
SpamBayes - Disconnecting from Outlook
Addin terminating: 0 COM client and 1 COM servers exist.
- the error with 003 on W2K was, as far as I can recall, mostly the same,
except for the "can't decode byte XXXX" - a different byte was cited, AFAICR.

Erik Piper