[Spambayes] Eudora (was "no subject")

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Thu Jul 10 18:44:19 EDT 2003

"Meyer, Tony" wrote:

> Documentation really does need to be improved all around (well, maybe
> excepting the Outlook plugin).  Want to volunteer?  <0.5 wink>.  (Note
> that POPFile is 'stable' (i.e. has been released), whereas spambayes is
> still in alpha/beta.

It's possible, I'll take a look tonight and see if I want to take on a
section.

> > Also, I note that the proxy allows you to put multiple mail
> > servers in the configuration, but I couldn't think of how
> > that would work. As a real example, I have one Eudora
> > installation that picks up the mail for
> > vanhorn at valkyrie.image-acquire.com and
> > imaging at verbose.twistedhistory.com.
>
> It works by proxying on different ports.  So you'd proxy
> valkyrie.image-acquire.com on 110 (or 1110) and
> verbose.twistedhistory.com on 111 (or 1111), for example.  You setup
> Eudora to connect to the appropriate localhost port.

I can see how that works, but the configuration suggests that you can put
multiple mail servers in a single instance of the proxy. That's the part
that I don't grok, and it seems it would be a definite advantage to have
them running together in some cases. Of course, if they all review the same
messages and feed the same database it makes no difference.

Van
Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,