[Spambayes] Beta status checklist (or this turning into new feature requests?)

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Mar 20 11:03:51 EST 2003

[Andy Cunningham]
> What are people's thoughts on some kind of predefined
> training database
> (like ham/spam terms that appear in more than x% of submitted
training
> databases)?

This has had plenty of discussion previously; I'd suggest people flick
through the archives if they haven't read them already.

To add my 2c, since I haven't previously, I would say that this is a
*bad idea*, unless a system is developed to expunge this pre-defined
set at some point after the user has collected their own data. You only
have to train a single message and the system will do better than a
coin-toss, so there's no need to have pre-defined stuff - it catches
onto the sort of messages that would be in a pre-defined db so quickly I
don't think there's any point. People that don't want to train would be
better off with SpamAssassin, or something like that.