[Spambayes] copying db to other computer? ; 2 ini files

AndreasK services at AndreasK.de
Wed Oct 8 19:59:59 EDT 2003

Hi!

I have just installed SB & SB-Outlook-Plugin onto another computer
(with less organized folders - so that I do not have such
a clean division between 2000 spam and 1600 ham mails).

Thus, I would like to take the (well trained)
machine-1-Bayes-knowledge and transfer it to machine-2.

Is there any problem in just copying the files
 default_bayes_database.db (5,112 KB)
and
 default_message_database.db (168 KB)
to another computer with another Outlook?

Or should I rather only copy the
 default_bayes_database.db
as the messages will be different on that machine?

Or is there no chance of transporting the Bayes-Knowledge at all?

Thanks a lot in advance!
 Andreas

P.S.: There ARE actually 2 (TWO) configuration files
"default_bayes_customize.ini", one in the
 Documents and Settings\Andreas\Application Data\SpamBayes
and another in the
 Program Files\Spambayes Outlook Addin

So I changed the (German) settings
 replace_nonascii_chars: False
in BOTH of them, just to be shure

In danger of repeating myself, I suggest to you to remove or
rename one or the other of those 2 files in the next distribution,
in order not to confuse people which of these 2 is the relevant.