[Spambayes] Spambayes fails with default settings for virus Scanner NOD32

Syver Enstad syver at inout.no
Wed Oct 22 04:11:52 EDT 2003

Here is the traceback that happens when trying to do a retr through
the SpamBayes proxy when NOD32 IMON setup is set to maximum
efficency. The fix is to set Email scanning to maximum compatability
instead.

error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel
<__main__.ServerLineReader connected at 0xf61d18>
(socket.error:(10035, 'The socket operation could not comp lete
without blocking') [C:\Python22\lib\asynchat.py|handle_read|82]
[c:\python22\lib\asyncore.py|recv|362])

The result is that the proxy just hangs indefinitely.

Clarification: I don't suggest that this is a bug in SpamBayes proxy,
I just provide the finding so that people that experience the same
problem have a can see how to fix it. It might be an idea to report an
error rather than just crash and hang, maybe by sending an error mail
back to the mail client that is connecting through the proxy?